I am so very touched that the lovely lady behind The Dessert Course has nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. And she told me in such a lovely way that it actually made me feel quite emotional. I will explain: she left a message on littlebitsofnice about page and if you read the about description you might understand why.
So, the Liebster Award. What is it and how does it all work? First off Liebster seems to mean dearest in German and therefore would mean in this context sweetest/nicest. How cute is that!
But it does look like the rules are different everywhere you look. Some state the blogs you nominate should have no more than 100 followers, others 200. Someone actually found a blog that said it was originally 3000! Because of this I’ve decided to be flexible when I nominate my blogs.
Also it seems the number of blogs you nominate varies between 5 and 15. I’ve chosen to follow The Dessert Course lead and go for the happy medium of 10.
Some people also say that you need to give random facts about yourself and I think this is actually fun as it’s a nice way for readers to learn a little bit more about the you, so I will be doing this! And of course there are the questions set out by the person who nominated you to answer.
What everyone seems to agree on though is the purpose and message of this award, which is to share yourself with your readers and celebrate, share and introduce the blogs you love to others.What an awesome award!
So there we are: 10 random facts, 10 questions answered, 10 nominations and 10 new questions to pass on.
10 random facts about me:
1) I am half-Brazilian and half-British, being born near Rio de Janeiro, but grew up from the age of 9 to 17 in France. I then married a most wonderful man who is a mix of British, German and Polish! Talk about being international!
2) I love eating mustard straight out of the pot by the spoonful
3) I speak 4 languages
4) I am known to cry at just about anything. Even adverts set me off…
5) I can be very unsocial at times and being around people too much stresses me out
6) I love learning new things so I am constantly signing up for random craft courses/workshops
7) I can’t sing to save my life
8) I’m 31 and I’m still working out what I want to do with my life
9) Every time we go on holiday/wk end away something happens to me. I get ill, get food poisoning, crick my neck, fall and scrape the whole of my right leg…the list goes on.
10) I can only wink with my left eye. Weird right!! My right eye refuses completely no matter how much I contort my face, much to the amusement of just about everyone
10 questions set out by The Dessert Course
1) Which cook book could you not be without? I don’t tend to use cookbooks very much although I do have my fair share of Jamie Oliver cookbooks, Rick Stein and cake books. But I love browsing the internet for recipe inspiration. I am compiling my own recipe inspiration scrapbook, which will become my go to place for tried and loved recipes.
2) Who taught you everything you know about cooking/baking? My mother tried to teach me cooking when I was growing up. But I was a bit of a rebel teenager so she didn’t have that much luck. More fool me, she is the best cook I know and I could have learned so much. Christoph has taught me a lot since we got together as he used to chef in professional kitchens and cooks beautiful food. When it comes to baking it’s something that I have come to love and learn on my own. But since joining the blogging family I have also learnt so much from you guys! I would love to do a proper baking course.
3) What is your favourite holiday destination? The most beautiful place I have ever been is Africa. I went to Tanzania and I did not want to come back, ever.
4) When you were a child, what job did you see yourself doing? I think it was more a question of what didn’t I want to do!
5) What food can you not stand the sight of? I like everything EXCEPT for Christmas pudding and avocados!
6) Who is your favourite musician/band? I like all sorts of music! From old classic Mowtown, to old school 80s and rock, to more current Folk and Indie.
7) What issue are you most passionate about? I worry about our natural world and what we are leaving behind for our children.
8) What is your biggest fear? I am afraid of spiders and heights. To the point of either hysteria or being complexity paralysed or both! I’ve had complete meltdown moments when in the Alps recently as I always forget about my fear until suddenly I realise that I am half way up somewhere and panic sets in.
9) Are you a dog or cat person? To be honest I love both. I’ve only ever have had cats because I love how independent they are. I also think they are such funny quirky creatures. However Christoph is allergic to them which is fine as now that I am older and more ‘homely’ having a dog appeals to me a lot more. In fact I’ve been begging him for one for a while now!
10) How long have you been running your blog? Since 2012. I originally was with Blogger but changed to WordPress last year as I love the sense of community and support you have here.
10 blog nominations: I have chosen these blogs not only for their great content but also, and more importantly, because of the people behind it. Thank you for being so lovely.
I hope you will all accept this award and if you do here are your 10 new questions! Easy going ones I promise!
1) What herb could you not do without?
2) What is your favourite season?
3) City or Countryside?
4) What is your happiest memory?
5) What is the thing you most love to do?
6) Are you an early riser or a night owl?
7) What is your favourite item of clothing?
8) Sweet or Savoury?
9) Which countries have you travelled to?
10) Following on question 9, which of them is your favourite and why?
Lots of love to you all, keep being your beautiful selves!
Ps: My husband is contesting my claim to be able to wink with my left eye…he says I can’t do it either…but I totally can…