Remember this post here where I very firmly declared that I would ‘strive to do better’ this year and keep up with this little space more? Hmm well I am trying, just not succeeding hugely well. You know how it is right? You get busy here, you have to go there, you run around doing millions of things, you commit to lots of different things and before you know it time has gone by so dam fast that when you stop it’s like ‘Erm…What? Euh?…Ah!’
Just before I disappeared,I received 2 messages from 2 lovely ladies nominating me for 2 wonderful awards: The Sunshine Award and The Shine on Award. And I am more than happy to accept both of them. Who could say no to a bit of warmth and the happiness it brings? Every nomination I get I am always so surprised, it truly makes me feel part of something.
So ladies, I know it has taken me a long time to post but please accept my very grateful thank you! Thank you Dimple from Shivaay Delights, you lovely wonderful lady, for the awesome Shine On Award; and
Thank you Jo from An Expat Abroad, it’s been lovely reading your blog, for the heart warming Sunshine Award.
I thought combining both in one post was totally acceptable.
So for the Shine On Award here are my 7 random facts:
– I used to be a hugely difficult child when it came to food. I wouldn’t eat anything for quite a few many years when little. My parents suffered a lot with me! And then one day BAM it all changed. I eat everything and love trying new foods!
– I love tabasco. I will put it on everything. Mac and Cheese with tabasco? Oh yeah!
– I love romance and cheesyness. Which is why I don’t like Valentine’s day! For me it’s the least romantic day of the year (sorry…).
– I adore my Kindle. Which is full of fantasy and sci-fi books!
– This year I am following a dream and I have enrolled and completed a Cake Decorating course (more on that soon!).
– Popcorn is awesome. If you go to the cinema and don’t eat popcorn you are just crazy. Craaaaa-zy!
– My perfect house would be somewhere in the countryside. The feeling of space is just amazing. If I could combine the countryside with a secluded place at the seaside then it would just be heaven!
My nominees for the Shine on Award are:
If you would like to accept and forward it on the rules are :
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back
3. Share seven random, interesting things about yourself
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the ‘Shine On’ Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs
And now for the Sunshine Award! For this award I have to answer the questions on Jo’s blog. So here they are:
1. To where would you most like to travel? South East Asia would be amazing but also I would love to go back to Africa. It’s a place you fall in love with.
2. Do you have a sweet tooth? Not really. Give me savoury anytime! Which is not to say that I wouldn’t devour a chocolate cake all by myself…
3. What motivates you to keep blogging? It keeps me being creative, it’s an amazing outlet, it’s a fantastic place to learn from others and the connections you make as a blogger with your readers and fellow bloggers is amazing.
4. Who is your favourite comedian? That’s a hard one to answer. I really don’t know, I think I have quite a broad sense of humour (which is one way to say that I laugh at everything and anything!). I was asked this same question not so long ago and I was as stumped then as I am now.
5. What is your favourite outdoor activity? Walking. I love going for walks with Christoph, be it in the countryside or mountain.
6. Who was your favourite teacher and why? My english teacher in France. He was inspirational, quintessentially british, made the class incredibly fun and incredibly patient with me and my incessant chatter!
7. Do you own any pets? No but would love to! When we buy our house we would like to have a dog.
8. Most embarrassing moment in your life? Oh gosh, there are too many to choose just one! Does hugging someone who has just interviewed you count? Don’t ask me why I did. I think I have a hug addiction…(I did already kind of know the person…not that it makes it better…). Or getting drunk around the in-laws and babbling on for hours about god only knows what. Or walking into a lampost (this happened last week…). Or my first ever kiss…I won’t even go into detail…Anyway the list is looooooong. I’m always doing something stupid.
9. Where are you from? Macae, Brazil but I live in the South of England.
10. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? He’d chuck the wood that a woodchuck COULD chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood. I didn’t even try to say that out loud!
And the nominees for the Sunshine Award are:
– Food Bod
If you accept the rules are the same as the Shine On award except that instead of giving 7 facts about yourself all you need to do it answer the same questions I have above.
To all my nominees, you are amazing! Your creativity, your personnality and your passion is truly fantastic. Keep Shining On and keep radiating those beautiful rays of Sunshine.